I know I already brought you a site about how the leaves change color in the fall, but when I ran across this site, I just knew I had to share it with you. So let’s dive right into this site like it was a fluffy pile of leaves!
Navigation is simple. Just click one of the categories on the main page and start your adventure. The categories are: About Fall Color
– here you’ll learn all about why leaves change color, including an excellent animation of how it happens, and interesting links about fall color! Foliage Updates
– here you can get updates about fall foliage from all over the United States. Of all the links, I’d suggest you check out the Normal Peak Times for Fall Color. It’s set up like a weather map and makes figuring out when is a good time for viewing the best color. I love to take photos in the fall of the different colors and that map is really helpful when trying to get the best color for the shot! Fall Fun -
here you’ll find links to games, information on pressing leaves to preserve their color, and fun activities you can do with the kids like leaf printing!
Driving & Hiking
– I love to hike, especially in the fall. The colors of the changing leaves make it even more exciting to get outside in nature on a hike. Here you’ll find information on color tours, the top ten destinations to see fall foliage, and more! Foliage Trees
– here you can learn all about the trees that have foliage that changes color in the fall. You’ll find the common name of the tree, the Latin name of the tree, and then the color that the leaves turn. If you click the common name of the tree, you’ll be whisked away to see a photograph of its foliage. Navigation on the photo pages is easy just click next until you’ve seen all the photographs for that tree! Fall Education
– this is an excellent resource for teachers! You’ll find all sorts of great things to teach or learn about fall. Live Foliage Cams
– you know I’m a huge fan of live cams! Here you’ll find a listing of cams from all over the place that are set to capture the color changing of leaves! I wish there were a cam for Ohio that was up and working. My favorite thing about fall growing up in my hometown was how the leaves would turn gold, and it would be like driving through a golden valley. Foliage Photos
– here you can see pictures of fall foliage in all its splendor! Festivals & Events
– here you can check out festivals and event happening this fall all around the United States. Other Things Fall
– this is a great section to learn all about other things fall! Here you’ll discover all about the edible flowers, fall tips, frost, insects, lawn, ornamental grasses, trees & shrubs.
Fall is my favorite season! I’m sure that comes across through these sites, but seriously, check this site out. It’s awesome! http://urbanext.illinois.edu/fallcolor/