Time for a Fast Forward
Love your keyboard and hate your mouse?
Do you find that the old routine of mouse, keyboard, mouse, keyboard simply takes up too much of your precious time when you’re going through your e-mail?
Looking for a few MS Outlook keyboard shortcuts to make your e-mail time more productive?
If you answered, “Yes, yes, yes,” here’s exactly what you’ve been looking for:
- Ctrl + Shift + I will take you straight to the Inbox.
- Ctrl + Shift + O will put you into the Outbox.
Once you’re in a mailbox:
- Enter (while a message is highlighted) will open the message.
- Ctrl + N will open a new e-mail message.
- Ctrl + R will reply to the current message (either highlighted or already opened).
- Ctrl + F will forward the current message (either highlighted or already opened).
Once you’re in a message:
- Tab will advance you one field forward (from the To: field to the Cc: field, etc).
- Shift + Tab will send you one field backwards.
And finally (at least for this tip):
- Ctrl + Enter will send your e-mail message.
It seems to me this may put you well on your way to a more efficient, mouseless e-mailing process!