Time management is key to efficiency, which is why we need ways to track our efficiency at home or at work. We feel more accomplished after a busy and engaging day. Here is where time tracking software is becoming more popular, so you can measure your performance through the day. Listed below are some of the more effective ones:
Paid Time Tracking Software
1. Achieve Planner – uses an ABCD Priority System. You can jot down all the things that you need to do at one time. It will put all of these together in one area and let you prioritize what needs to get done first and last. You are able to take control of your time and get your life organized.
2. Cyclope Employee Monitoring Software – this is a great tool for companies, that allow CEOs and managers to figure out how much productivity an employee is bringing to the table. It breaks it down like this:
– total time spent during a working day
– total active time spent
– total overtime spent
– total idle time spent (not at PC or paper work time)
– total time spent online
It will also let you know how much time a department has spent on different activities in a day or week. It will allow for internet filtering and printer monitoring. Since time is money, it’s time to get the ball rolling by using it in your organization.
3. Chrometa  – Chrometa believes that tracking time shouldn’t take time. It tracks your time automatically based on your PC work. It will show how long you’re spending on documents, emails, applications, calls, meetings, and more. Sometimes we forget what we did two days ago at work. It will be able to recall everything you’ve done so you know what to tell your boss. Your life will already become simpler.
4. Dovico – This tool is designed for business users to help increase project profitability. It has an easy to use timesheet spread that helps compare your budget with the actual time and money that you are spending on it. There’s a great demo that you can watch on the website to see the application working properly.
5. Klok – the main screen of Klok shows you in hierarchy, a list of all your clients, projects and/or tasks and a calendar view showing the current week. Even when you are going into a meeting it will track your minute by minute actions so that nothing goes un-noticed.
6. Manic Time  – is able to track your computer usage hourly and your applications. Meaning it will check how long you’ve been on Mozilla, Internet Explorer, Windows Messenger, etc. Within these applications it will list out what you were doing on each site. This detailed analysis will help you personally to see what needs to be changed for tomorrow.
7. ProjectHamster – think of a “To do” list that you might stick on your refrigerator each day. Hamster creates this agenda style screen shot that lets you add your activities daily and the time it takes to do them. After a while you can see how many hours you have spent on what and create a time report for yourself or an employee.
8. Rachota – Rachota displays data about your activities in diagram form, customized HTML reports, or analyzes measured data. It can even give hints to improve a person’s time usage. It’s considered a personal time tracker.
Free web-based online time tracking software
9. 1TimeTracking –allows you to track the real cost of a project for your own cost analysis on fix cost or billing after. This is a great tool to reduce non-billable time in the company. The best part about this is that you don’t have to waste your time micro managing your employees.
10. ClickTime – this online timesheet accounts time tracking, billing, cost accounting, and payroll all in one. Managers can export reports to PDF or Excel, determine the ratio of everyone’s billable time, see who has or hasn’t logged in, and review and approve employee expenses electronically.
11. SlimTimer  –allows you to create tasks and share them with coworkers and managers. You will be able to time your work and run reports through Excel, subscribe to its RSS Feed, or simply email it. No longer will you feel like you have to explain all the time you have spent working without any credit.
12. Toggl  –a web based software that allows you to incorporate it in various applications that you are already using such as Gmail. It has some of the most secure connections like SSL security which is also used in Internet banking. You know your business information will remain confidential. The real-time charts and reports for the whole team will make it worthwhile to use.
These tools can help optimize anyone’s time. If you are a stay at home mom who has a hard time prioritizing all the errands, you can plug in your tasks and make a guide for yourself. If you are a student who just can’t meet paper deadlines and balance studying, you can get help. If you are an employer you can better track your employee’s performance. Sounds like a win-win for everyone involved.