In several issues of MS Office Tips & Tricks we’ve covered many different ways to alter your toolbars.
Have you made some changes that you regret?
Maybe you’ve made enough of them that you’d like to “wipe the slate clean” and start over with a particular toolbar.
Or, maybe someone else has recently made changes that you’d like removed.
Is there a way to return to the original toolbar configuration?
Of course! (Why else would I ask?)
To reset a toolbar to its original configuration you need to follow 6 short steps.
1. Go to the Tools menu, Customize choice. (Or right-click on a toolbar and choose Customize from the pop-up menu.)
2. On the Toolbars tab highlight the name of the toolbar you wish to reset.
3. Click the Reset button on the right.
4. In the next window you will need to choose which template the changes should affect. (The normal template is your everyday blank document.)
5. Click OK.
6. Close the Customize window.
(You can repeat steps 2 – 5 to reset as many toolbars as necessary before closing the Customize window)
Your toolbar is returned to its original state.
Wouldn’t that be cool in the car? A few buttons and it’s just like new…