Unnecessary Features in Vista
If you’ve been using Windows Vista for awhile now, you have probably noticed that it contains, by default, many new features you may not even need. Those extra and unnecessary features can slow your computer down and take up more storage space than is needed. So, if you would like to uninstall or turn off some of those extra features, this is the tip for you!
Some of the Windows Vista features can be uninstalled using the Windows Features utility. Simply follow these steps to uninstall any applications you don’t need:
- Click on the Start button and select Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click the option of “Uninstall a program.”
- Next, on the side menu, click on “Turn Windows features on or off.”
- Go ahead and scroll through the list, as shown below, and remove the checkmark from any feature you do not want installed on your computer.
- Click OK when you’re finished making your changes. The features will then be uninstalled.
That’s all there is to it. Here’s to a brand new Vista for you!
~ Ramachandran Kumaraswami