- Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help - http://www.worldstart.com -
Use Adobe Acrobat Safely
Posted By On May 27, 2009 @ 11:00 AM In Security Help | No Comments
Can I use “Adobe Reader” and “Adobe Acrobat” safely?
Adobe Systems Inc. recently acknowledged that all versions of its popular PDF software, including editions for Windows, Mac and Linux, contain at least one, or possibly two, critical vulnerabilities. Knowing this, is there a way one can use their Adobe PDF reader safely?
Yes. Fortunately, there is an easy way to stay safe until Adobe releases a software patch.
First. Find and open “Adobe Reader” (all versions through 9.1) on your computer.
(On the Mac, Preferences is under the “Adobe Reader” or “Adobe Acrobat” menus.)
1. Left click on “Start”
2. Move the cursor over “All Programs”, in the menu window that opens
3. Left click on “Adobe Reader” (Figure 1)
4. On the “Adobe Reader” screen Left click on “Edit”
5. In the menu window that opens Left click on “Preferences” (Figure 2)
The preferences screen should now look like Figure 4
7. Left click on the “OK” Button
Here are the Web addresses for two of them.
Article printed from Worldstart's Tech Tips And Computer Help: http://www.worldstart.com
URL to article: http://www.worldstart.com/use-adobe-acrobat-safely/