What’s Wrong With OpenOffice?

Sunday, October 18th, 2015 by | Filed Under: Quick Tips

A reader commented on our article about free word processing alternatives for Windows 10. “There was no mention made of the free OpenOffice suite. Is it not compatible with Windows 10? It has always served me very well in Windows Vista and Windows 7, and it does everything that is included in Windows Office.”

open-office-logo

There’s certainly no problem using OpenOffice in Windows 10. It is indeed a very good office suite, that much like LibreOffice, offers word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software as part of a free download.

I didn’t get around to mentioning every free word processing alternative, but OpenOffice is certainly a good one.  You can click here to learn more about OpenOffice and to download your free copy.

Tags: , ,

8 Responses to “What’s Wrong With OpenOffice?”

1. Jan says:

used to work typing legal documents which are always done in wordperfect so prefer that to any other word processing program – they also have a spreadsheet and a presentation program like ms office

2. Fran Warner says:

I have used Kingsoft Office suite for a while and find it very good – it is fully compatible with Microsoft Office so it means I can read any files made in that suite.

3. Lamar says:

I use Open Office. For my needs it works fine for me.

4. Pat Pittman says:

I have used Open Office for years. I am a secretary for a local Lions Club and have a lot of tables, forwarded files and things and I find Open Office does everything I need.

5. Steve C says:

I’ve been using Libre Office for a couple of years now and found it does most everything that I used to do in MS Office, plus i found that it had a short learning curve.

6. Phil Nielson says:

I have used, and still use, several office programs. For word processing, I still like to use WordPerfect, but Word and Writer both run a close second. For spreadsheets, I prefer Excel but Calc does well. I use LibreOffice when I need to pull documents ( especially WordPerfect documents ) over to Word and don’t have WordPerfect available.

7. Bonnie says:

I really like OpenOffice, so much better than Microsoft Office. It’s easy for me and is a lot like the old Microsoft Works. So simple.. I tried LibreOffice and it’s too much like Microsoft Office. Old and computer illiterate people need things simple…

8. Chris says:

When this retired gal used to work, we had Wordperfect on the job……and it DID work PERFECT………not like Word that tries to put things in for you as you type and misaligns if you type columns freehand……HATE THAT. I wish the world would have adopted Wordperfect instead of Word.