Where Can I Find Windows Mail?

Monday, March 9th, 2015 by | Filed Under: Quick Tips, Uncategorized

Connie from Michigan writes:

I just bought a new laptop with windows 7 Professional.  How do I find windows mail?  I like it and would very much like to have it on the new computer.

Fortunately Connie, it’s very easy to find Windows Live Mail.  It’s available as part of Windows Essentials along with several other helpful programs. Click here to read an article about how to get Windows Essentials.

Many Windows 8 and 8.1 users also prefer Live Mail to the Mail App in that’s included in that program. It will work on those systems as well.

Tags: , , , ,

21 Responses to “Where Can I Find Windows Mail?”

1. Terri Bradley says:

I much prefer yahoo & outlook to using the email that came with my ISP. There are fewer restrictions and it is so easy to check no matter where you access the internet from. You also never need to change your email address if you change ISP’s.

2. k.p.subramanian says:

10.03.2015

I use all three of them, all are equally good. Rediff / sports mater wise,i very good, I like it.

3. Richard says:

Thunderbird with Gmail. Thunderbird has a great spam filter and there is an add on called Lighting which is a great calendar for Thunderbird. Also using 2 email accounts in the same Thunderbird window.

4. Fred says:

When I got my new computer a year ago, it came with Win 7 and LiveMai.
    For years I had Outlook Express but LiveMail is much better.
    Never tried the others. I am happy right where i am.

5. LeRoy Lindahl says:

It seems to have everything

6. John Kendall says:

I use Thunderbird most of the time because it handles many accounts easily and I can save emails in various files whereas others use one large file.

I also use msn and gmail.

7. Lorne says:

I have been using Yahoo mail for almost 20 years now. Its just great.
    During that time I have had several different computers, and 3 different
    providers, but still the same e-mail address.
    Lately, they have added some stupid things, but I have learned to get
    around them.

8. Daniel says:

I recommend Thunderbird over any other program. It is the closest to the former Outlook Express which I considered the idea e-mail program. I’ve tried other programs and have gotten rid of them faster than you can say “garbage can material.”

9. Ray says:

Currently I am using Windows Live. We have seven different active email addresses, wife 2, me 3 and business 2. We probably have more than that because I’ve also setup the same 6 accounts for gmail, outlook and charter all though they are never used. This is only because we’ve changed ISP’s and keep getting new addresses but they allow us to use the old email for free and we’ve had it for over 20 years and it’s a real pain to try and notify everyone that our address is changing.

10. George says:

I prefer Yahoo mail as it follows me no matter where I am at. I have changed service providers in the past and can still get my news letters such as worldstart.com etc. without having to resign up all over again. On top ofg all that I like the format.

11. George says:

12. Gerald says:

I’m still using Outlook Express and Vista. Like it that way and I’m not changin’ til I have to. I’m used to it and it serves my purpose nicely. Why try to fix something that ain’t broken?

13. Jim Morrell says:

I’ve been reading your news letters for about 15 years and using AOL for a couple years longer. While I have complaints about AOL, I love the way it handles my new, old, sent and spam email, as well as the news items it provides every day. People complain about it, but I would be lost without it.

14. william m greed jr says:

i use Gmail with incredimail as email client…..the best and easiest to use and has so many option to play with

15. Gordon says:

I use and prefer Thunderbird. I have 4 e-mail addresses. I have thunderbird set up to add the e-mail from all addresses to one folder. I can check the e-mail from individual addresses if I want to by going to the inbox under that account. I have never used out look. I tried windows live mail but I prefer the options I have with Thunderbird. If they are available in live mail I didn’t find them. I have it set so it leaves the e-mail on the server for one week incase I need to check it from another computer. I can go check e-mail on any computer on the website or download it on my laptop after I download it on my desktop computer.

16. Dolores J Heath says:

I use MSN premium email. Have used it for years and will use no other. You have to pay extra to have it (by subscription); however it is well worth it.

17. Susan Poston says:

I prefer Outlook. It is easy to use.

18. Ali Sanli says:

When it comes down to business, I guess the best client is MS Outlook. Surely, Outlook express was the best, but, it is no more available on new systems. I did try Thunderbird and loved it in the beginning but it has lots of complexities and some of it’s futures blew my mails that I still not understand. Yahoo and Gmail are not practical for business (unless you use them with POP on the pc) but they are great mail clients otherwise.

19. Jan Goben-Boswell says:

I have used Yahoo for over 20 years and have had no problems with it , but I also like IncrediMail. It is fun and easy to use,

20. Joan says:

I use MSN premium Windows Live Mail and love it. It’s available no matter what device I use.