- Worldstart's Tech Tips Newsletter - http://www.worldstart.com -
Where’s My Little Speaker?
Posted By On November 9, 2004 @ 2:53 PM In Multimedia | Comments Disabled
For some reason, I get lots of e-mail from people telling me they’ve lost their little speaker icon (sound control) that usually lives in the system tray and now they want to get it back. Come to think of it, I also get lots of e-mail asking how to get it out of the system tray.
Well, the answer is the same for both! Here’s all you do:
1. Click the Start button, Settings, Control Panel . Open the Multimedia icon.
2. On the Audio tab, you’ll see a little checkbox labeled “Show volume control on the taskbar”. If you want to see the little yellow speaker, make sure it’s checked. If you don’t want to see it, uncheck it.
1. Click the Start button, Settings, Control Panel . Open the Sounds & Multimedia icon.
2. On the Sounds or Volume tab, you’ll see a little checkbox towards the bottom labeled “Show/Place volume control on the taskbar.” If you want to see the little yellow/gray speaker, make sure it’s checked. If you don’t want to see it, uncheck it.
Too easy, huh?
Article printed from Worldstart's Tech Tips Newsletter: http://www.worldstart.com
URL to article: http://www.worldstart.com/wheres-my-little-speaker/