Where’s The Control Panel?

Sunday, October 25th, 2015 by | Filed Under: Windows 10

Don is having a problem with his new operating system.  “I am using Windows 10 and cannot find control panel.”

Don the quickest way to find the Control Panel is to type “control panel” in your Windows 10 search box and click on the results.

Control-panel

You can also say, “Hey, Cortana, open Control Panel,” and she’ll open it right up for you.  Or you can just type in what you want to change, like “Change date and time” and Windows 10 will direct you to the appropriate setting.

Tags: , , ,

7 Responses to “Where’s The Control Panel?”

1. Howard Bretman says:

why not just right click the start button and it is about the No. 12 down on my pc.

2. Jadesqr says:

Gee Don, Windows 95 was a good operating system, but we are up to ‘Windows 10′ and its the ’21st century’ so we need to change with the times. ‘Control Panel’ is now ‘Settings’, see: “WorldStart’s Ultimate Guide to Windows 10″ Chapter 6, ‘Settings’. or if you are a ‘ShortCut’ enthusiast:

Ref: Windows key + (letter I)

3. R. Heston says:

Try Windows key + X, then P

4. Jean says:

this tip doesn’t work. I see nothing like what you show. I get a blank black box.

5. Roger Hart says:

Easy to get to Control Panel. Press the “Windows Key” + X then click on Control Panel. Works every time for me.

6. Sandy DuBose says:

I love this tip! I know you can right click on Start but it doesn’t work on my Desktop (it does work on my laptops). Do I have to reload Windows 10 or is there a shorter, quicker way? Thanks!