I’ve noticed when sending myself email and notes from my iPad that my last name was spelled wrong. I’ve had the problem for years, but just never sat down to look at the issue.
After a quick look, I found out that it was in my Settings I’d initially set up on my iPad. My last name is Distler, but that great autocorrect decided I meant Distiller, so it “fixed” it for me. To fix, all I had to do was go to Settings – Mail, Contacts, Calendar – Account – then change my name.
I never send much email from my iPad, and if it do, it’s often to myself, so it was nothing more than a slight annoyance. However, all I needed was 5 minutes to fix the issue. I wish all problems were like that!