Will You Stop Giving Windows 10 Tips?

Wednesday, November 11th, 2015 by | Filed Under: Uncategorized

Susan has a question about Windows 10:  “Since you are selling your Win 10 tips, does that mean we can no longer expect tips/helps on Win 10 in the newsletter? They are a definite plus to the newsletter and to your website!”

windows10universalcrop

While we’re very proud of our Ultimate Guide to Windows 10 and all of the detailed advice contained in the guide, we’re certainly not going to hold back answering your Windows 10 questions.

In fact, let’s hear them now. What would you like to know about Windows 10? Let us know in the comments.

Tags: ,

25 Responses to “Will You Stop Giving Windows 10 Tips?”

1. Donna Thompson says:

Twice, I have clicked on the little window symbol in the lower right corner of my screen. Each time a window has appeared and stayed, the first time for a week and the second time for 5 days…so far. It does disappear if I close down the computer. Why does nothing else happen? I want to get Win 10 now but can’t get anywhere with the symbol. Therefore, I went to the MS download site and the same little window came again. ALL THREE Times it has just said “Please Wait”. Why? What can I do besides “wait”?

2. Darrin says:

I upgraded from windows xp to 8 then 8.1 then to 10 and I installed a new graphics card and now I keep getting a message when I start windows 10 “Display Driver has suddenly stopped and recovered NVidia windows kernel mode driver version ***.** has suddenly stopped and recovered” numerous times back to back.

3. Charlie From Summit Hill,PA says:

How do you download pictures in windows 10, I like the way you did it in windows 7

4. John says:

I love your tips especially on windows 10. Maybe you can figure this out. Everytime I turn my laptop on or close and open my browser, I get a small white box that says windows diagnostic has stopped working. Any ideas?

5. Ted Baird says:

When I turn on windows 10 it is requiring me to enter a password even though I told it I did not want that. Can I turn on W-10 ithout an opening PW?
    Ted

• Paul Slaughter says:

I prefer IE11 for my browser. Presently I have to open with Edge Then select “Open with IE11″ in the drop down box in the top right corner. Is there a way to open directly with IE11?

6. Lester Taylor says:

How long do we have to wait before w 10 is available. I respond every time to the window “sign up for Windows 10. And all I get is a “Quote we will let you know” end of quote. Frustrating, to say he least.

7. Mark says:

I like to drag files from one folder to another folder. I haven’t found a way to have two different folders open at the same time. Say I took pictures and want to copy them off my photo card say photos 2,3,7,14,22,27 to another folder. Of course, I know to hold the control key to select them. (Which you taught me.) Is there a way to drag them to the folder I want? How do you have more than one folder open at a time?

8. June says:

How do I get to my saved favorites in Win10 when it doesn’t have links like Win7 has? I click on the star but it shows photos but not my favorites like Win7 does.

9. David Tucker says:

I have a few legacy 16-bit software programs that I have been using with all 16 to 32 bit Windows operating systems from Win 3.a through Win 7. However, these programs no longer work on 64 bit OS’s, and the virtual machine in Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit hasn’t allowed me to access these programs and also access my printers or PC’s USB ports or CD drive at the same time – in fact, I can’t access those peripherals at all in the virtual machine. What am I doing wrong? Or is there a better way to run these legacy programs in Win 7 Ultimate and/or Win 10?

10. George Punches says:

I switched both a desktop Windows 7 and laptop Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything seemed to go just fine. But, I had, over many years carefully organized files into folders in both documents and photos. After the change to Windows 10, I can’t find any of my folders and can’t or don’t know how to find some of the files. I think the files are around someplace, but all of the carefully designed folders are gone.
    What to do?

• cynthia says:

If you upgraded to Windows 10, your files should not have been moved at all. If you look under File explorer, they should be in the exact same place.

11. Tom says:

I miss seeing a list of my favourites as part of the Start button. I would be able to click on a favourite before even opening my web browser. Is that feature gone?

12. Gerald says:

I have some files saved in Windows XP Pro. Some are photos and others are saved in Word Prefect X3. Now that I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, when I try to open them I get a back box with the message that I do not have permission to open the file. When I go to properties and security of that file it says that I have complete permission. How do I get into those files?

13. Eric MacRae says:

I thought that Windows 10 was going to come with games, could you tell me where they are, I know you can get games threw the store, what I’m talking about the games that are supposed to come with the OS.

• cynthia says:

Eric – games don’t usually come with operating systems these days. Though you might find the solitaire preview if you search solitaire in your search box. There are hundreds of free games of every kind in the Windows Store that you can download instantly. So head there and look through the games and you can pick the games you want for your PC.

14. Beverly says:

I think you are great. I want to know how to get my Windows 10 IE11 to be one to open when I click on a link from your newsletter or anywhere I click on link. Now each time I click on link Edge is one to open. Thank you.

15. Charlie from Summit Hill,PA says:

Is there an easy way to upload my pictures from my camera in windows 10

16. Terry Shirley says:

The only thing I want to know about Windows 10 is how to permanently get rid of that annoying icon in my taskbar. I do NOT want Windows 10. I have done everything Microsoft says to do to get rid of the icon, but it will not go away!

HELP, PLEASE!!!

17. PhilBall says:

What good are virtual desktops? I don’t get the point. I get along fine with running 3-8 apps on my main desktop. Why would I need more than one desktop? I’m smart enough to know that I don’t need my mail when working in Photoshop but I might.

• cynthia says:

For someone who uses a lot of programs, a virtual desktop can be very handy. Especially if you use your home PC for work. I know that when I work on a video project, there can be multiple programs that I don’t use any other time. It’s useful to keep them handy. For someone who doesn’t find themselves accessing dozens of programs daily, it might not be such a big deal.

18. Debra says:

When I first downloaded W10, everything was working smoothly. Now, all of a sudden, I can’t open any of the apps. What is going on?
    Your help is greatly appreciated!

19. linda gilleo says: