Windows 10 – How Can I View Pictures As A Slideshow?

Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 by | Filed Under: Quick Tips, Windows 10

With a new operating system, there’s always going to be a bit of a learning curve. Christine is trying to figure out how to view photos as a slideshow. She writes:  I’ve converted to Windows 10. What happened to my ability to view pictures as a slideshow?

First, you’ll want to go to your Pictures file in File Explorer. Select either a folder of photos or a group of photos that you wish to view.

photos-select-files

Once those files are selected, you’ll see a Manage tab appear at the top of the Window. Click the Manage tab and then choose the Slideshow option.

photos-manage-tab

Tags: , , ,

8 Responses to “Windows 10 – How Can I View Pictures As A Slideshow?”

1. rosea says:

great tip thanks keep those windows 10 tips coming please I am enjoying 10 you are good… cheers

2. Bob Smith says:

I bought a USB some time ago with Windows 8.1 and now I’m looking to update that USB to Windows 10… I have converted my Win 8.1 machine to Win 10 and updated several other machines as well. Is there a Windows 10 USB or CD available??? Thanks….

3. Evelin van Hien says:

This is very frustrating. Microsoft forces you to save files as it thinks you should save your files. Muy pictures are not in the folder My Pictures but on a folder on my hard drive that varies according to what kind of picture it is… so I can only see a slide show if they are in the right folder according to Microsoft. Very user friendly. and the fact that Microstoft also saves all data on the C drive is also very safe. This should be left to the users to be defined if they want to. I am going to use something else to show my pictures…

• cynthia says:

You do realize that you can organize the folders within the Pictures folder any way you choose. In fact you can just move the folders that you already have organized into the Pictures folder.

4. Eric says:

How do you make it random?

5. D. Westphal says:

When I was using windows 7 the Windows media player would transition the photos every so many seconds in the slide show and the pictures would drift across the screen and get larger or smaller. With Win 10 I have not found that feature. Does anyone know how to set that back up.