Windows 10: Love It Or Hate It?

Saturday, June 11th, 2016 by | Filed Under: Quick Tips, Windows 10

So far about 25% of PC users have made the switch to Windows 10. As the free upgrade deadline nears, that number is growing every single day.

confused-woman

If you’ve made the switch to Windows 10, we’d like to know what you think after using it. Do you love it? Hate it? Having a hard time telling a difference between 10 and your previous operating system?

What do you like best? What’s been your biggest complaint? Let us know your opinion of Windows 10 in the comments.

Tags: , ,

59 Responses to “Windows 10: Love It Or Hate It?”

1. Randy says:

Be careful with the latest upgrade of 10. I upgraded my computer and it seemed to work ok. I updated my wife’s computer and all hell broke loose. It glitched in the download and she lost most of her task bar, the computer would not shut off and the start button and Cortana would not work. It cost us $100 to have her computer wiped, and reinstall Win10 and about half a day to reload all our apps. Just FYI for the latest upgrade of 10.

2. Shirley Arter says:

I installed 10 and found that my printer would not work. It is several years old, but works fine. I took 10 off and went back to 8.1. I didn’t use it very long, but really didn’t care for it. I suppose I will have to put it back on before the free download runs out, but really hate to.

3. Bruce Beechner says:

I like Windows 10 but it apparently does not like me. I have on Windows7 Ultimate I have installed Windows 10 on about 30 times (No Exaggeration). Every time it would take 2 hours or more and when I finished, it would boot back to Windows 7. Needless to say, I gave up on that computer. It had an AMD Processor. I had another that I installed Windows 10 on 4 times. One I reinstalled and it appeared to work after a couple on months it crashed. I had several things on it nit backed up and took it to Repair Shop. They saved it for 150.00 and reinstalled Windows 10. This was repeated 2 more times because Win 10 OS crashed again and I didn’t want to go through the many hours it would take to restore it like it should be. Another 150.00 each time. All my Intel Processors took the update with absolutely no problems. But my AMD were not so tolerant towards Windows 10. Have 3 with Windows 7 on them and will keep until I can no longer use them or Microsoft gets their act together. Just too many bugs in it to upgrade at this time. Browser needs work (like a good Adobe Player replacement). One day Windows 10 will be the way to go.

4. Lawremce Ott says:

New error messages can’t be found when you start looking through browsers for a clue on how to use Windows 10 changes making them VERY different than Windows 7.

5. Cyn says:

One day I came home from work and discovered that Windows 10 had installed itself on my computer–not sure how but it happened, but same thing has happened at work too. I decided to stick with it since it seems to be inevitable anyway. I am in my 60’s, have been using the internet since we first could, so am not particularly intimidated by any of this. So far, the only recurring issue I seem to be having is that my Firefox has become extremely unstable. I am trying to find out if it is due to Win 10, my FIOS connection or some glitch that is making Firefox less compatible with Win 10. Other than that no real issues. Not thrilled with picture program and editing but am beginning to be more comfortable with it. So far it has not been the nightmare that everyone seemed to anticipate. I did buy the World Start CD with win 10 tips and one of these days, will run it to see what I have been missing :)

6. EJ says:

Upgraded an HP all in one and my laptop. The all in one was first, no glitches once I got past the hang up on it’s update freeze. But the laptop, thought all was well but things didn’t go as smoothly. Biggest hassle was each time I shut down, on re boot it drops my WiFi and have the devils own time getting it back. Of course the diagnostics spits back all is working, no issues. So I go to Microsoft, immediately they want me to sign my life away and give them access to all the areas I turned off so backed out of that. Today has been better, either I’ve figured out where they hide everything or one of the updates actually helped the issue. Only reason I up graded is 1. Not planning on buying a new pc anytime soon. 2. Refuse to pay for an upgrade just because Microsoft decides it’s no longer going to support the OS that works well and I like.

7. Bill says:

The updates are killing my system. After a lengthy update I lose my start menu and right click ability. Have to reset the computer only to have it do it again over and over. My neighbor loses her mouse and keyboard after updating. She also has to keep resetting. REALLY disappointed with 10. I will go back to 8 and stay with it until I can’t use it anymore. Maybe by then Microsoft will have the bugs fixed.

8. Mary says:

Really need to be careful with Windows Edge. Have had two serious hackers infiltrate using Edge. One was caught by Verizon and the other by Microsoft. Expensive to take care of. Have had experience with almost all of MS OS from DOS 3 to 10 and this was the first time that hackers got past several firewalls and anti-virus programs. Microsoft made a mistake trying to make one size fits all for this OS version. Shame, but stopped recommending anyone upgrading to 10 unless they were prepared for problems.

9. Bill K says:

I had Vista for years then bought a new laptop with Win 8 on it about a 1 ½ years ago so that was a big learning curve. But when Win 10 came along I waited until the end of November to make the change and I have had no problem making the adjustment, so you can mark me down as a LOVE it. I have had some issues with Crotona, “she” worked fine at the beginning the stopped working and now the voice command does not work, only the typed commands. Other than that I have no issues with Windows 10.

10. Dolores says:

I backed up the files I wanted to keep on the Sandisk Cruzer U 16GB. Since then i installed Windows 10 on my computer & I can no longer open the disk. I LOVE Windows 10 , don’t want to give it up, so what can I do? Please help!

• cynthia says:

What happens when you put the flash drive in your USB port. What do you see on the files? If you upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8, all of your files should still be on your PC. Have you checked in your documents and picture folders for your files?

11. Constance Gray says:

I have had Windows 10 for two months with no problem, then yesterday I restarted my PC and most of what was on my desktop disappeared and the start menu lost many of it’s tiles. when I tried to find my documents and pictures the folders said they were empty. I put in ‘This PC’ and found all my files but Cortana still shows empty files. I can’t access the app store either.
    The only message I get is that an update failed and mentions my printer.

• cynthia says:

It’s possible that you settings may be corrupted. Try creating a new user account and see if that helps.