Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Monday, June 1st, 2015 by | Filed Under: Quick Tips, Windows 10

Microsoft has announced a release date for the Windows 10 upgrade. The new operating system will be available for download on July 29.

Users of Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 will be able to upgrade for free starting July 29. Users will have one year from that date to take advantage of the free upgrade.  Microsoft is encouraging users to make reservations for the upgrade.

Sometime soon, an icon should appear at the lower right corner of your computer.

windows-10-upgrade-notice

Click on it for information on how to make your reservation.

138 Responses to “Windows 10 Release Date Announced”

1. robert hodges says:

Will certainly take advantage of this new download.

2. Robert Payne says:

My concern would be what effect Windows 10 will have on my printers as well as any memory sticks, CD’s all used with Windows 7. I have not heard or read anything regarding those as were discussed often with the upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7. Not all of my printers that worked with Windows XP worked with Windows 7. Is there a website that supplies this information?

3. JAN TOURTE says:

I will definitely download Windows 10 – I am always on the edge of new things. I have always upgraded with every new operating system since Windows 3.1 I have never been sorry.

4. D. McMurtry says:

I would like to know more about what Windows 10 has to offer, that Windows 8.1 doesn`t have. I am happy with Windows 8.1….

5. Mary says:

If I download windows 10 and do not like it, can I go back to windows 8.1 or windows 7?Will all my files still be readily available?

6. Dan Hobart says:

I would have to know if my brand new printer would work on Win10. Also can I go back to 8.1 if I have problems or don’t like it