Windows 7 Clock Decades

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 by | Filed Under: Desktop Enhancement

Finding a date in Windows 7 is super easy – you just click the clock on the taskbar and you get an easy readout of the month. Clicking the arrows moves on to the next (or previous) month, but did you know that if you click on the name of the month…

…you can “zoom out” to show the whole year, or even whole decades?

That oughta come in handy! Give it a try today, Windows 7 users!

~Andrew

Tags: , ,

7 Responses to “Windows 7 Clock Decades”

1. Terry Harris says:

Little does anyone know, this little trick also works on Vista machines, lol. I’m running Windows Vista Home Premium on my Toshiba Satellite A215-S5807, with a 160GB HDD, 4GB DDR2-5300, w/ integrated Radeon X1200, and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core TK-57; and this trick works on it :)

2. Charlie Toniatti says:

It also works on Vista 64 bit.

3. Al Donkin, W2EMF says:

A useful tip!

4. Stan "The Man" says:

I LOVE IT!! This is GREAT! A FANTASTIC tip indeed! I sent it to everyone I know! Keep sending those WONDERFUL tips!

Stan “The Man”

5. BRenda Angell says:

I have Windows 10 – my clock doesn’t do this, any way I can activate it?

6. Audrey Bucher says:

I have no clock in my taskbar. Can’t get it to display Date and Time Settings.
    I’d like to have it but don’t know how to get it.

7. Jadesqr says:

OK Andrew, I don’t usually have a chance to ‘dis’ a Tip but in this case its good to know that a ‘left click’ on the date at the top of the window, will take you back to the first screen.