Windows 7 Math Input Panel

Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 by | Filed Under: Desktop Enhancement

Here’s another one of those didn’t-know-it-existed-until-I-clicked-it-by-accident tools in Windows 7.

It’s called the Math Input Panel.

To access it, simply click Start, and in the Search Box that appears above, type in Math Input Panel.

The Window should look like this:

Now, I’m not a math whiz, so I’ll let the fine folks at Microsoft explain what it’s used for.

“Math Input Panel uses the math recognizer that’s built into Windows 7 to recognize handwritten math expressions. You can then insert the recognized math into a word-processing or computational program. “

Hmm…sounds useful!

~Andrew

Tags: ,

8 Responses to “Windows 7 Math Input Panel”

1. Donald Quinlan says:

Thank you. I’ll be trying it right away. This could be very useful, if it is accurate/editable.

2. Billy Greene says:

Gee, I won’t have to find a pencil and paper of my own to help my son with his math now!! WOW Thanks so much.

3. Tom says:

Not on my copy of Windows 7 (Home Premium).

4. Ruth K. says:

Excellent tip, thanks

5. Ervin Taylor says:

Not on my copy of Windows 7 Professional; but sure could use it.

6. vanman2010 says:

not on my win7 premium

7. carol says:

this was not on my copy of windows 7 home premium. What version is it in?

8. Bob Jay says: