Windows Media Player Online Radio

Monday, February 14th, 2011 by | Filed Under: Multimedia, Using The Internet

Windows Media Player 12 comes with a special feature that offers online radio anywhere. You can listen to different types of music including Country, Blues, Talk Radio, Soft Rock, and more. If you’re tired of continually listening to your MP3s and old CDs, you may want to give Windows Media Player 12 a listen. With all the radio stations now available from Windows Media Player 12, you need not download applications provided by third-parties, or visit sites that provide music.

Accessing the Media Guide

You can move to the Library view by pressing (Alt+V) then select the option Online Stores which displays the option Media Guide. You can also simply click the button Media Guide available at the bottom left portion of the player, as seen below.

You can also click the Internet Radio link available at the top in the Media Guide page.

This displays the page for Internet Radio. You can choose High or Low bandwidth, depending upon your requirement, from the option available in the page.

You can simply navigate across the same page to choose your station. You can select stations by classification as top stations, classified by genres, and so on as seen below:

Radio Time Web Service is music Software which allows you to access radio stations all over the world. This Software includes an add-on that provides access to music over the radio, in Media Player. There are thousands of DJs and other programs that you can access and listen to, just by giving your zip code. Your local FM can also be accessed through this.

As you can see above, all radio stations are displayed and you need to browse through before selecting the Play button.

~Buvaneshwari Kumaraswami

Tags:

7 Responses to “Windows Media Player Online Radio”

1. Dave O'Shea says:

WOW!!! the windows media player tip! thank U very much for sharing that!! i didn’t know about the internet radio attach to it!! the information was very easy to follow! thanks!!

2. Pam says:

Is it true that Windows media player 12 is for Window 7 users only?

3. Niki Fields says:

Thanks! Every night I sleep using my ear buds and my iPod after a while Even with thousands of iTune songs I find myself running out of music! I read about the add-on to Windows 12, but it wasn’t explained like this! Will the download mentioned in an earlier Tip be used to record and turned into an MP3 and transferred to my iPhone 4? Thank you very much for sharing music information for those of us who have music playing on our computers, iPod, iPhone, etc., most of the time!

4. Bev says:

Wow, thank you for the tip on Windows Media Player, never used it but now I kinda know my way around. I still haven’t found the place for the Radio Time Web Service you mentioned so I can get Glenn Beck radio I saw on your tip. Thank you again.

5. Les says:

I did a search for Radio Time Web Service and found their web site but found nothing about having it be an “add-on” to Media Player. The basic tip was great because I had not noticed that MP12 included radio, but I would really like more info on how to get Radio Time as a Media Player add-on.

6. Ted Vaver says:

Windows Media Player Radio…Who knew…excellent tip.

7. Henry H. Harrison says:

I cannot find ‘Windows Media Guide”
    I am using Windows 7.
    Is Guide on a newer version of windows or do I have to purchase and download it?

Please advise.