WS App Review: Gas Buddy
Remember when $20 worth of gas filled up your tank? Not anymore! So what can you do to reduce the pain at the pump? Download Gas Buddy, an amazing app which will save you time and money on gas!
Gas Buddy works by using your current location (or an address you type in manually if your phone doesn’t have a GPS signal) to find user submitted prices for gas. These prices can be updated by any of the users of the app and the last time each price was updated is shown on the search results.
You can sort by price or by distance and see the prices overlaid on a map so if you`re planing a trip you can decide where to stop for gas.
Why is this such a money saver? Well, if I compare the highest price at the time of this article writing in my area, ($3.699 per gallon) to the lowest public (excluding clubs you need to be a member of) price of $3.269, that’s a savings of 43 cents per gallon! Let’s say you average half of that savings (21 cents or so) and your vehicle gets 20 miles per gallon on average. If you drive 15,000 miles a year (average) that’s over $150 a year saved!
What other app can save you $150 a year (or more!)?
- Searches using your phones GPS location
- Last updated time & date shown so you have an idea of how accurate information may be
- Sorting by price and distance let you plan where to go
- Relies on users to update price so only as updated/accurate as users submissions
- Price is not guaranteed, you may show up an find the price has gone up or changed.
Rating: (4.0 / 5.0)
Compatibility: iOS, Android, BlackBerry
(Tested on iOS 5)