Everyone loves a good keyboard shortcut, especially when working with a program when you’re doing a lot of typing anyway, such as Yahoo! Mail.
I discovered these shortcuts the other day while helping someone out who had accidentally hit one and changed a setting for his inbox.
Let’s look at some of the more useful ones for Yahoo! Remember, these shortcuts only work when using Yahoo! mail online in a browser, they won’t work if you’re receiving mail in an e-mail client such as Outlook or Thunderbird.
Up/Down Arrow – Highlight the next message up or down
Enter -Open a message
Spacebar -Check or uncheck a message’s checkbox
- Ctrl+Up/Down -Move focus up or down the list (preserving selection)Ctrl+A -Select all messages
- V -Toggle Preview Pane – This will take you back and forth between no preview pane, bottom preview pane and side preview pane.
- M -Check mail (jumps to Inbox)
- Shift+M -Check all mail (includes POP accounts)
- N -Start a new email message
Ctrl+Shift+U -Attach files (one at a time)
- Ctrl+S -Save as a draft
- Ctrl+Enter -Send message
- For a complete list of Yahoo! Mail keyboard shortcuts – click here.
- ~ Cynthia